Fall Festival Pretzels
White or Whole Wheat Dough Recipe
- For a medium pretzel, roll 3 ounces of dough into a smooth 33" - 36" rope, tapering ends. Do not flour the work surface because you need the tackiness of the surface to help roll the dough.
- Form a circle, bringing ends together, twisting twice and pressing ends onto bottom curve of circle.
- Transfer to greased baking sheet; reshape to resemble heart.
- Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush on pretzels. Sprinkle pretzels with coarse pretzel salt or desired toppings.
- Let pretzels rise 15-20 minutes. Bake at 400°F, 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Pretzels can be made and frozen; thaw and warm in a 250°F oven.