Corn on the Cob
White or Whole Wheat Dough Recipe
- Use 1 pound of whole wheat dough. Roll 10 ounces of dough to form a 12" x 4" tapered oval; place on greased baking sheet. For kernels, use knife to make lengthwise and crosswise shallow cuts.
- To form husks: shape remaining 6 ounces of dough into a long flat oval. Slice into 3 lengthwise pieces, making middle section narrower. Score center of husk leaves to add detail.
- Lay narrow husk at bottom of cob and twist it halfway up corn, slightly off center.
- Lay next husk over bottom of corn and halfway up one side. Lay last piece over bottom and along other edge. Fold all tops to the outside.
- Let rise 15-20 minutes. Beat together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush on corn. Bake at 350°F, 20-25 minutes until golden. Tent edges with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.