Enjoy a whole grain pizza crust with your favorite toppings.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 package RED STAR® QUICK-RISE™ Yeast
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup hot water (120-130°F)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
½ teaspoon oregano leaves
¼ teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Favorite pizza toppings
- To prepare pizza dough, stir whole wheat flour; lightly spoon into a measuring cup and level flour.
- In large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, yeast, and salt. Blend in water, oil, and honey or sugar. Stir by hand vigorously until all ingredients are well mixed; about 3 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 15 minutes.
- Place dough in greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan or 12 to 14-inch pizza pan. Press dough to cover bottom of pan and up sides to form a rim.
- In small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, minced onion, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Spread sauce evenly on dough. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are done.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition information per serving (one serving of crust and sauce only, no toppings): 144 cal, 2 g fat, 0 mg chol, 543 mg sodium, 28 g carbo, 5 g fiber, 5 g pro, 39 mcg folate.