These homemade buns are made in the food processor. They pair perfectly with Harvest Crew Sloppy Joes.
3 cups bread or all-purpose flour (may be part whole wheat flour)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 (¼ ounce) package instant yeast
3 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, cubed
1 cup lukewarm water (90°F)
- In bowl of food processor fitted with dough blade, add flour, sugar, salt, yeast and butter. Place lid on processor and pulse 10 seconds.
- Begin processing, pouring 1 cup warm water through tube. When dough forms a ball, stop adding water. All may not be needed. Process dough an additional 60 seconds to knead.
- Remove dough and smooth into a ball; cover with bowl and let rest 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 buns and flatten into 3 ½” disks. Place buns two inches apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled. Near the end of the rise, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes, until golden and internal temperature registers 190°F - 195°F. Remove buns to rack and cool before slicing.
Yield: 8 large buns.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 BUN, 91g): 240 calories, 45 calories from fat, 5g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 10mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 41g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein, 97mcg folate, 2mg vitamin C, 2mg iron.