3 cups bread flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package 30 percent less sodium taco seasoning mix
3 tablespoons salsa
1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies, undrained
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Pepper Jack cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (1/4-ounce) package fast-rising yeast
3/4 cup water, room temperature (80°- 85°F)
1 egg white, beaten
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar
Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- Following bread machine manual, place ingredients except egg white and 2 tablespoons cheese in bread machine pan. Program on DOUGH cycle. Check dough after 5 minutes; if necessary add extra water or flour, one tablespoon at a time, to form a moist dough ball around kneading blade.
- Meanwhile, spray a 12 x 18 x 1-inch sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from pan and gently deflate.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll into 17-inch ropes. Twist 2 ropes together, pinch ends and turn under. Shape into a crescent shape and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 2 ropes, leaving room between loaves.
- Cover; let rise until double in size. Brush breads with beaten egg white and sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on top of each bread.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 22 to 24 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on rack.
Makes 2 loaves, 16 servings each.
Nutrition information per serving:
One slice provides approximately 87 calories; 3 g protein; 13 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 2 g fat (1 g saturated); 3 mg cholesterol; 29 mcg folate, 1 mg iron and 93 mg sodium.