1 15.25-oz chocolate cake mix + ingredients needed according to cake box directions
1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare pans with cupcake liners.
- Make chocolate cake mix batter according to box directions.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, fill cupcake tins 2/3 full with batter.
- In mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until well combined.
- In a glass bowl, microwave the strawberry jam 30 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Gently swirl the strawberry jam into the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop strawberry cream cheese mixture into each cupcake tin.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until the top of the cupcake bounces back when tapped.
- Cool completely and frost with Whipped Chocolate Ganache frosting and decorate as desired.
Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting
12-oz semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over chocolate chips.
- Stir until completely mixed and glossy.
- Refrigerate until slightly cold then whip until light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and decorate as desired.
Yields: 24 standard-size cupcakes
Nutrition information per serving (1 cupcake, 80g): 270 calories, 16g fat, 1g fiber, 8g saturated fat, .5 trans fat, 30g carbohydrates, 55mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 4g protein, 0mg vitamin C, 1mg iron, 36mg calcium.
Kansas Wheat Test Kitchen notes:
We like using a Devil’s Food chocolate cake mix. You may substitute other flavors of seedless jam.