¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup vegetable shortening
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 ¾ cups frozen blueberries
4 tablespoons margarine or butter softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar, shortening and egg until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, milk and lemon zest; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- With rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and mix with fork. Crumble topping over cake. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1 slice, 75g): 200 calorie, 6g fat, 1g fiber, 1g saturated fat, .5 g trans fat, 32g carbohydrates, 12mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 4g protein, 1mg vitamin C, 1mg iron, 26mg calcium.