2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin or 1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz.) can fat free evaporated milk
4 large eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 box yellow or white cake mix, dry
½ cup margarine (1 stick), melted
½ cup chopped pecans, optional
Whipped cream or fat free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In mixer bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until combined.
- Pour into ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Dribble melted margarine over cake mix. If desired, sprinkle on pecans.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- To serve, top with whipped cream or topping. After serving, store in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
One piece provides approximately 288 calories; 5 g protein; 51 g carbohydrates; 3 g dietary fiber; 8 g fat (1 g saturated); 47 mg cholesterol; 6 mcg folate; 1 mg iron and 332 mg sodium.