Voted best cookie in 1969. A delicious and unique use for broken potato chips.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup shortening
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups plain, crushed potato chips
1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat sugar, brown sugar, shortening, butter and vanilla on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, place dough on prepared cookie sheets, leaving two inches between each cookie as they spread during baking.
- Bake 11 - 13 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to rack.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 44 cookies.
Note: Please do not eat raw cookie dough! Raw flour and cookie dough are not ready-to-eat. Flour, as well as eggs, must be thoroughly baked before eating to prevent foodborne illness.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 COOKIE, 34g): 160 calories, 80 calories from fat, 9g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 15mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 20g total carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 11g sugars, 1g protein, 12mcg folate, 3mg vitamin C, 0mg iron