- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 (¼ ounce) package RED STAR® Quick∙Rise™ Yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110°F - 115°F)
- 3 cups King Arthur® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro and/or parsley
- ½ fresh lime
- Preheat a 10” cast-iron skillet over medium heat; cook corn kernels 3 - 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until kernels are lightly charred. Remove corn from skillet; let cool. Wipe skillet clean and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle, combine yeast, warm water, flour, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and ½ cup cheese; mix on medium-low speed until corn kernels and cheese are evenly distributed, about 2 minutes.
- Brush bottom and side of skillet with 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Place the dough in the skillet and turn the dough to coat it with the oil. Evenly stretch and press the dough in the bottom of the skillet. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise about 1 hour or until slightly puffy.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With your fingers, gently press dimples all over the dough, about 1” apart. Brush the top of the dough with mayonnaise. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over the top. Bake 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown. If the top browns too quickly, tent with foil.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley; drizzle with lime juice. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
1 loaf, 12 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
(1 SLICE, 84g): 200 calories, 60 calories from fat, 7g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 10mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 28g total carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 6g protein, 68mcg folate, 2mg vitamin C, 69mg calcium, 2mg iron.