3 cups rolled wheat flakes or rolled oats, uncooked (old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats)
1 ½ cups wheat bran
½ cup flaked coconut
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup sunflower seeds, chopped almonds or chopped pecans
½ cup honey or brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F or heat a nonstick electric skillet on medium-low heat.
2. Mix all ingredients. Spread in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan or electric skillet.
3. Stir every 2 to 3 minutes, cooking until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Cool thoroughly and store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator or a cool dry place.
5. Serve as a cold cereal or snack, or sprinkle granola on yogurt or ice cream.
Makes 5 ½ cups (11 servings).
Nutrition information per serving (½ cup): 225 cal, 5 g fat, 0 mg chol, 10 mg sodium, 43 g carbo, 9 g fiber, 7 g pro, 39 mcg folate.