Prep Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cool water (68 degrees F)
1 beaten egg
1. In medium bowl, sift flour and salt together. Beat together cool water and egg; stir into flour mixture until well combined.
2. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 8 minutes. Cover with a wet cheesecloth or towel for 30 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out into a thin sheet, about 1/6-inch thick. With sharp knife, cut into 1/8-inch-wide strips for fine noodles, 1/3-inch-wide strips for broad noodles. If you have a noodle cutter, cut immediately. Separate by lightly tossing with a dusting of flour.
4. Noodles may be used immediately or frozen in a sealed container or bag.
5. To cook fresh noodles, bring 10 to 12 cups water or broth to boil; gradually add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes.
Per 1/2 cup uncooked noodles: 152 cal, 1 g fat, 27 mg chol, 300 mg sodium, 30 g carbo, 1 g fiber, 5 g pro, 63 mcg folate.
You may replace half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.